It’s that time of year again, submissions for the 2024 IN-EDIT NL Smack My PITCH Up! The Pitch Sessions are now open! Held during the festival as part of the INDUSTRY MEETINGS programme, Smack My PITCH Up! The Pitch Sessions invites makers to submit their music documentary projects in development and participate. The selected projects will enrol in a full programme consisting of two workshops (project development and pitch training with Dutch filmmaker, journalist, and professor, Stefan Egberts) and a spot to pitch in front of an audience and a selected panel of experts. On top of that, one project will cash in €500 worth of rental equipment courtesy of BudgetCam as well as a spot to premiere the film at IN-EDIT!
Participation at The Pitch Sessions means you get two workshops and a spot at the final pitch during the IN-EDIT Festival. The Smack My PITCH Up! The Pitch Sessions panel will also select one project they want to see screened at IN-EDIT in the future. The maker of that project will also receive rental equipment credit to help them get one step closer to realising their documentary.
Both workshops will take place at A Lab (Overhoeksplein 2, 1031 KS Amsterdam) and the final pitching event at Melkweg (Lijnbaansgracht 234a 1017 PH Amsterdam).
What You Get?
- Workshop 1 – Project development (Thursday, 11th April): You will further develop your idea and form it into a solid project plan.
- Workshop 2 – Pitch training (Saturday, 13th April): Get to prepare your pitch through feedback rounds and discussions as well as both group and one-on-one coaching.
- Final Pitch (Sunday, 14th April 11:00-13:00): You will give a short presentation to an audience and a panel of experienced professionals in different fields of the industry. After your presentation, the panel of advisors will give you feedback.
- Networking: after the event, we provide a space for all participants, panel members and audience to mingle, discuss and get to know each other better over coffee and snacks.
- One-on-one meeting: After the event, you will be able to opt to a meeting with one of the advisors to help you take the next step.
Applying is free of charge. If your project is selected, you will be able to accept it and enrol by paying a participation fee of €50. This fee includes all of the above.
The deadline to apply in the text for the 17th March at 23:59h. By submitting, teams and projects agree to all terms & conditions.
Stefan Egberts is a versatile Dutch filmmaker and journalist, renowned for his documentary Chasing a Million, which traced his journey from a single rabbit to a house on a ski slope. The film gained international acclaim, including a feature at the Melbourne Documentary Film Festival. With a background in Political Science and Journalism, Stefan is also a dedicated educator, teaching Creative Business at Breda University. His investigative journalism roots from RTL Nieuws evolved into impactful filmmaking, evident in his award-winning work for Rambam and documentaries on varied human interest subjects. Beyond his professional pursuits, Stefan is committed to community service, notably through Oorlog in mijn Buurt, and enjoys soccer and cooking in his leisure time.