IN-EDIT International Music Documentary Film Festival of the Netherlands brings new international and Dutch music documentaries to Amsterdam and other cities of the Netherlands. Next to film screenings, the festival has live performances by matching musicians, Q&As with artists and directors, panel discussions,… and the Industry Meetings, a buzzing and in constant growth professional program arranged by and for professionals.
The Industry Meetings is a yearly gathering for filmmakers and industry professionals of the field of music documentary, and a platform for creators to meet, discuss and learn.
A place where new talents meet the experts, where new projects are developed, where the cutting edge of the industry is discussed, where networking is as fun as fruitful, where music and film join forces, where film and new media meet.
For the 5th edition of IN-EDIT the overarching theme of the Industry Meetings is “Looking Back – The power of the archive”.
The Industry Meetings for IN-EDIT 2023 consist of:
- Panel of Directors: A round-table discussion between professional filmmakers that revolves around the theme.
- Expert Talks: A series of talks and lectures linked to music and the visual arts including:
- Crossovers: Innovation and new media meet documentary filmmaking to cross borders between reality, music and visuals
- Hands-On: Practical / technical take on the theme, including tips and advice
- Master: Filmmakers with a longstanding career share their expertise on the theme
- Smack my PITCH up! The Pitch Sessions: An event where young creators can develop and pitch their music documentary idea, get feedback from a panel of advisors and win a spot in a next IN-EDIT film program
- Morning Sessions by Studio HER: a series of short talks and screenings in collaboration with Studio HER -a creative collective, production company and agency aiming to create more diversity behind and in front of the scenes.
*All events followed by networking drinks!
All events take place at Melkweg (Lijnbaansgracht 234a 1017 PH Amsterdam)
-Morning Sessions with Studio HER: Saturday 15 April 11:00-13:00 >> Tickets!
-Smack My PITCH Up! The Pitch Session: Sunday 16 April 11:00-13:00 >> Tickets!
-Panel of Directors: Monday, 17 April 19:00-20:00 >> Tickets!
-Expert Talks: Tuesday 18 April 19:00-20:30 >> Tickets!
€5 per session.
Free for Cineville pass holders.
For more info on the Industry Meetings and the ticket sales, check our website and subscribe to our Industry newsletter.
Do you have an idea for a music documentary in mind or are you already in progress and need feedback? Do you want to pitch it and get support
Stay up to date with our Industry programme and subscribe to our Industry newsletter!
industry meetings ARCHIVE
The Industry Meetings are supported by: