1. We expect our volunteers to be available three days during the 13th until the 17th of May 2020. Although you might not be scheduled all three days, we need this flexibility while making the schedules.
2. As a volunteer, you are part of the IN-EDIT organization, and are treated as such. This means that you represent IN-EDIT during the festival. We expect you to wear the festival shirt that we give you and be the shining light of our festival.
3. The Festival Preview will take place on the 9th of April at Het Ketelhuis. This preview represents a snippet of the festival vibe and includes a closed screening of a film from our program. All the volunteers are welcome to come. Here you will be given the relevant instructions for your tasks as a volunteer and have the possibility to get to know each other (and us!). We expect you to attend this event. If you are not able to do so, please let us know in advance.
4. The volunteer’s coordinator is responsible for monitoring and implementing IN-EDIT’s volunteer’s policy. She will carry out the front-line coordination of the volunteers. We expect you to follow her directions. If you have any troubles or questions, don’t hesitate to contact her (in person or through email@example.com). If you want to talk to somebody else, the production managers will be present during the festival. You will meet them at the festival preview or you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. We expect our volunteers to be punctual and appear at Het Ketelhuis 30 minutes before the start of their shift. Notify the volunteer’s coordinator upon arriving. If you cannot make your shift due to sickness or another emergency, please notify the volunteer’s coordinator as soon as possible. Together you can contact other volunteers to see if someone can fill in. Bear in mind that we make the schedule with great care and when we assign you a shift, we expect you to be there.
6. IN-EDIT is not responsible for loss or theft of personal belongings of volunteers. Don’t leave valuables unattended in public areas, do not bring laptops, cameras or other valuables when you’re working as a volunteer. All volunteers are covered by the liability insurance of Het Ketelhuis. This insurance can be called upon in the event that IN-EDIT is held liable for something caused by a volunteer while he/she was working for IN-EDIT. Liability for damages will be assessed on a case-by-case basis; in some cases a volunteer may have recourse to his or her own third-party liability insurance (WA-verzekering). In the latter case, if he or she is insufficiently insured, the volunteer may also have recourse to the Amsterdamse vrijwilligersverzekering [Amsterdam Volunteers’ Insurance].
7. As a volunteer you are representing IN-EDIT. During your shift we don’t allow any alcohol consumption or drug use.
8. IN-EDIT holds the right to stop the collaboration between the festival and the volunteer when we notice any misconduct of the volunteer during their shift at the festival.
9. All volunteers will be handed two coupons for a film each. The code on the coupon enables the volunteer to get a ticket for whatever screening he/she wants. The volunteer needs to go to the IN-EDIT website and buy the ticket for free with the coupon. Next to that, volunteers are allowed to go to all other screenings if they are not sold out. Simply make sure you come 5 minutes before the start of a screening to see if there is enough place for you. Volunteers who come first, will be given a seat first.
10. Every volunteer that sticks to our requirements, is entitled to the following benefits:
-Free entrance to the film screenings + concerts (when they’re not fully booked + everyone gets two coupons to go to a screening that is fully booked)
-Free entrance to the Festival Preview on the 9th of April 2020.
-Lunch when working morning/afternoon shift, dinner when working an afternoon/evening shifts. Shifts that start at 7 pm or later do not carry this entitlement.
-An IN-EDIT festival T-shirt
-Volunteer afterparty after the festival